Thursday, July 20, 2006

Primary Upset?

Before I get into today's post, I want to tell you about a new website I discovered. I told you that we are rearranging our vacation because of the state baseball tournament. A part of our vacation was to attend an Atlanta Braves baseball game. We already had the tickets. Tuesday night I listed the tickets for sale on Stub Hub, and by Wednesday morning they were sold. We then ordered tickets for a different game, again through Stub Hub. Both transactions were quick and easy.

Now today's post. The primary in Georgia to see who would represent the republican party in the general election for lieutenant governor pitted Ralph Reed against Casey Cagle. Reed previously was president of Christian Coalition and then became a lobbyist. His campaign was hindered by ties to Jack Abramhoff. There are a lot of things that happen during a campaign but likely this one thing -- Reed's connection to Abramhoff -- altered the outcome of the election. Casey Cagle won the primary. I don't know anything about him but his website indicates he is a pro-life, pro-marriage conservative Christian. I hope that's true. And if you live in Georgia, I'd enjoy hearing your take on this race.

In previous posts I've talked about the need to support Christians who are seeking elected office. If what Cagle's website (and news reports I've read on-line) portrays is accurate, then he is the type of candidate individuals with a Christian worldview should be supporting.
Sphere: Related Content

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home