Monday, September 11, 2006

Busy Weekend

It was a busy weekend at the Teel household with baseball games, a book signing, church, etc. I haven't had time to hardly breathe, much less post, since Thursday. We hosted a Launch Party for The Election on Thursday night and it was a huge success. Probably between 80-85 people and photographers from a couple of local media outlets. On Saturday I had a book signing at the local LifeWay store with a large turnout. So far everyone who has read The Election has had positive things to say. I've had a couple of comments like this: "I couldn't put it down and stayed up until 3:00 a.m. trying to finish." That's what I like to hear.

At the book signing I had a couple of people tell me they wanted to write a book (or had written a book) and wanted some advice on how to get published. As I always do, I pointed them to Terry Whalin and his Book Proposals that Sell. Terry just recently posted his 500th entry to his blog. Now that is a commitment!

I've posted previously about articles written by Matt Friedeman. I don't know Matt personally but find his articles on faith and culture very interesting and engaging. Here is a link to his latest article. Matt maintains a blog with a tremendous amount of insight at Evalngelism Today. And another reason I like to read Matt's articles is because he's from Mississippi --- like me.

Today marked the 5th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. Contrary to most of the main stream media and the democratic party, I believe that President Bush has done an outstanding job of protecting us. I haven't watched the ABC special that has former President Clinton in an uproar (too many football games during the same time slots!). I don't like the politics of blaming someone (anyone) for the 9/11 attacks or trying to get political mileage from the attacks. But I do agree with the position that we must continue to take the fight to the enemy rather than waiting on them to attack again.

Jerome
Sphere: Related Content

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt Friedeman said...

Jerome:

Hey, thanks!

Got your book. GREAT read. I just enjoyed it to no end. And I can't wait to buy the new one. Will have something about the current read on the blog soon.

Wish I had your talent. And imagination. Fantastic!

Matt

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home