Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Democrats Push for Religious Voice

While I was being interviewed on Family Net Radio one of the co-host asked me about a push within the democratic party to include more Christian voices. I wasn't familiar with that article so I did some research. Here is a link to an interesting Associate Press article about a new website that Scott & Lorri referred to.

Over the last several years conservative Christians have been associated with the Republican party. I welcome any news that the Democratic party is reaching out to evangelical Christians. Unfortunately I doubt that the Democratic party will change its platform on issues like abortion, gay rights, etc. sufficient enough to merit any significant exodus by Christians from the Republican party.

Jerome
Sphere: Related Content

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathy4Scuba said...

Well, I already commented on this very thing in my last blog comment. I'm excited to see that this is going on. Conservative Christians don't have to have the same political views. I don't have to support the entire Democratic party platform in order to be a democrat. Just because I say I'm a democrat doesn't mean that I support abortion or gay rights! Let's have the church pull together as one body (republicans, democrats, independents, etc.) and affect real change in our world.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home