Thursday, October 26, 2006

Same Sex Marriage in New Jersey

This should get God-fearing Christians up in arms. The New Jersey Supreme Court issued a ruling yesterday that opens the door to gay marriages. Will that rally the Christian conversative base of the GOP? We'll see if it had any impact in a couple of weeks. Some think this decision has put the marriage issue squarely back on the table. Was it ever off the table?

I'm at a loss as to why we have to battle to keep marriage between a man and a woman. That is the way it was ordained by God. But we continue to battle liberal interest groups on this issue. On the ballot in Tennessee this election day is a proposal to amend the state constitution to clarify that for a marriage to be recognized in this state it must be between a man and a woman. The measure should pass without any trouble but I suspect that even right here in the middle of the Bible belt that we will have some who will vote against the measure. That just goes to show us how far from God we have moved as a nation. Again, I reiterate my point that I've made many times before that we as Christians must stand up and be counted on issues such as this. We must use the political processes to change our culture back to one that respects and honors God.

Jerome
Sphere: Related Content

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jerome, I have trouble convincing members of my own United Methodist Church that gay marriage is not in accordance with God's will. I've come very close to walking out, but still feel that God wants me where I'm at. Recent decisions by major denominations should reveal the depth to which America has fallen. I don't want to sound hopeless, but I feel more and more like our political battles are all but lost and we must focus our energies within the church herself.

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home